Jan 16, 2018
Job Description and Skills for Spray Painter and Resistance Welder
SPRAY PAINTER JOB DESCRIPTION
1) Application Of Paints, varnish, Enamels and other Finishes in the
equipment’s using spray guns, rollers or Brushes.
2) Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, Such as metal, for
3) Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs, based on
surface measurements and/or work orders.
4) Cover surfaces doesn’t require paint with drop cloths or masking tape
paper to protect surfaces during painting.
5) Fill cracks, holes, and joints with chaulk, putty, plaster, or other
fillers, using chalking guns or putty knives.
6) Mix and match colors of paint, stain, or varnish with oil and thinning
and drying additives in order to obtain desired colors and consistencies.
7) Polish final coats to specified finishes.
8) Read work orders or receive instructions from supervisors in order to
determine work requirements.
9) Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, or
using water and/or abrasive blasting.
10) Match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color
Work Experience Requirements
RESISTANCE WELDERS JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Sets up and operates resistance welding machines to join metal parts,
according to blueprints, work orders, or oral instructions.
2. Operate machine controls to set air and hydraulic pressure, amperage,
joining time, according to specified type of metal, weld technique, and
3. Aligns work pieces in clamping device or jig to maintain uniformity
according to specifications and ensures that metal components are
correctly on machine worktable
4. Monitors the operation of welding machine which automatically releases
electrodes from metal after welding cycle
5. Inspects finished work. Important variations include types of joints
welded (seam, spot, butt) and types of materials welded (aluminum, steel).
6. Willing to operate other welding equipment or learn other welding
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR SPRAY PAINTING
• Must have minimum 3 years’ experience in Spray painting process.
• Thorough knowledge about equipment and tools required for various kind of
• To understand about equipment and trouble shootings.
• Thorough knowledge about mixing proportionate and effects of consequences.
• Knowledge about application of paints for different metal structure.
• Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR RESISTANCE WELDING
1.Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments
using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc
welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW),
shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance
welding and submerged arc welding (SAW),
2. Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
3. Operate previously set up welding machines such as spot, butt and seam
resistance or gas and arc welding machines to fabricate or repair metal
4. Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding, brazing and soldering
5. May adjust welding heads and tooling according to work specifications.
Dubai - United Arab Emirates