Safety Officer Nebosh Certified Vacancy in Dubai
Purpose of this position:
The Safety Officer is responsible for creating, enacting, and updating job safety programs for employees that encompass government health and safety regulations as well as company standards for safety in the workplace. This includes training employees on the importance of health and safety on the job. The work will be largely focused on prevention so the candidate needs to be conscientious and farsighted. The goal is to establish a safe workplace per legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs.
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Review existing policies and measures and update per legislation.
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. Not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Participating in continuing education to update knowledge of health and safety protocols and techniques.
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
- Auditing production, keeping on the lookout for any unsafe behavior or breaks in regulations.
- Assessing risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operations.
- Creating analytical reports of safety data.
- Focusing on prevention by keeping up with equipment maintenance and employee training.
- Presenting safety principles to staff in meetings or lecture-type training sessions.
- Determining whether the finished product is safe for customers.
- Creating safety plans that include suggested improvements to existing infrastructure and business processes.
- Sharing information, suggestions, and observations with project leadership to create consistency in safety standards throughout the production team and the entire company.
- Meeting company health and safety goals.
- Investigating causes of accidents and other unsafe conditions on the job site.
- Reviewing and reporting on the staff's compliance with health and safety rules and recommending commendations or dismissal based on performance.
Education and experience:
- Must be available immediately.
- NEBOSH certified professional.
- Any diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 3-4 years recent and relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Experience in formulating, implementing and revising H and S policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently under pressure.
Interested candidates can send their CV
Please never pay any money to get a Job in Dubai or UAE as a whole. It is free to get Jobs in Dubai. Even the UAE Law does not allow paying money to get a Job. A true Employer can never ask for money from you. That said, we hope you will be able to find a wonderful job in UAE. We advise you to get our latest jobs in your email by Subscrbing to Email Alerts above.