Jan 08, 2018
We are seeking an Accountant who enjoys a wide range of activities in a fast paced working environment. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and can work autonomously and without supervision.
• Fiscal Records: Prepare general ledger account coding and ensure accuracy of transactions in the general ledger.
• Financial Reports: Assist in the preparation of accounting and financial reports for submission.
• Accruals: Prepare monthly accruals schedule;
• Inventory: Classify labor, material, overhead and other relevant costs to compute unit cost of product or service;
• Controls: Help maintain and implement effective financial controls for the office;
• Audit: Help prepare external audit requirements and liaise with auditors;
• Communication: Maintain effective and consistent communication related to significant financial matters;
• Analysis: Actual versus budgeted cost analysis.
• Cash-Flow Management: Coordinate and prepare cash-flow reports and forecasts.
• Special Projects: Support special projects and initiatives and ad-hoc reporting/analysis;
• Ensure all financial deadlines are met in an accurate and timely manner;
• Other duties as required.
• Bachelor of Commerce. Preferred Masters of Commerce;
• 2 – 5 years experience in Accounting and Finance;
• Proficient in Accounting Software such as Tally and/or other accounting packages;
• Knowledge of Payroll and taxes
• Experience in handling filing of monthly, quarterly and/or annual returns with requisite authorities;
• Experience in handling vendor payables, receivables (export and foreign exchange accounting), bank documentation for exports and inward receipts of foreign exchange, month end closure of accounting, etc,.
• Manufacturing and project reporting experience;
• Experience working with auditors
• Highly proficient in use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel (pivot tables, etc.);
• The individual should be self-driven and one who can work independently with minimum hand-holding.
• The individual should be process oriented.
• Outgoing and enthusiastic to play a big part of a growing finance team and emerging Company;
• Strong work ethic and an ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced team-oriented environment;
• An ability to organize and balance multiple projects;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Professional and trustworthy, with integrity.