Dec 22, 2017
The post-holder will contribute to the multidisciplinary assessment of the needs of clients with addiction problems by listening and providing guidance; working with individual clients and various client groups in a therapeutic setting to help rebuild lost skills, restore lost confidence and assist people to return to rewarding and productive family, social and work lives. The post-holder will work to develop a rehabilitation program and therapeutic strategies tailored to one or more specific sub-groups: adults - general, adults - acute (complex needs) and young people less than 18 years of age.
The post-holder will participate in delivering agreed projects (and programs) by contributing to the development of the environment of care encompassing compaies clinical service program areas which include:
2. Residential rehabilitation
3. Dual diagnosis
5. Day care
6. Home treatment
7. Out-reach and
8. Liaison consultation services
For male and female adult and adolescent Qataris experiencing substance use disorders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assess a client’s needs, abilities or behaviour through interviews and direct observation.
2. Plan, design and facilitate a rehabilitation program and/or schedule of activities with individuals and groups in collaboration with colleagues.
3. Coach individual clients or groups in a therapeutic setting.
4. Teach clients anxiety management techniques.
5. Assess and understand the feelings or temperament of clients.
6. Mentor clients on how to control their own behaviour.
7. Attend multidisciplinary case meetings to plan and review on-going treatment.
8. Develop and evaluate service provision for clients.
9. Provide consultation to other professions, promoting an evidence-based person-centered approach in their work.
10. Participate in applied research, adding to the evidence base of practice in addictions and related areas.
11. Teach, undertake an agreed program of continuing professional development and attend conferences or seminars to increase the personal and collective understanding of mental, emotional and behavioural states or disorders.
12. Maintain appropriately detailed records to monitor the progress of clients’ treatments.
13. Contribute to strategies that align outcomes and goals with the leadership vision for naufar.
14. Assist in the recruitment of staff, talent and skills for all clinical services in conjunction with Human Resources.
15. Contribute to a positive work and learning environment by promoting teamwork, co-operation and harmonious relationships amongst colleagues.
16. Assume any other responsibilities and functions as directed by the Consultant and CEO within the scope of the post.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To report for duty punctually whilst maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the organization’s grooming standards.
2. To provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
3. To maintain good working relationships with your team members and all other departments.
4. To ensure that you read the organization’s Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
5. To comply with local legislation as required.
6. To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of your superior and/or organization.
7. To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and needs of the organization.
8. To attend to training and meetings as and when required.
Chief Executive Officer
Education, Training and Experience
1. Accredited Bachelor or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy.
2. Five years of recent relevant experience in the addictions/mental health field.
If you feel that your qualifications match the requirements and this seems like an opportunity you would like to explore, we would love to speak to you.
Please email your cv
Doctors in Dubai
Dubai - United Arab Emirates