Jan 26, 2018
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
In an international firm like Deloitte, our strong global presence is complemented by our local reach and market knowledge. A career in Financial Advisory with Deloitte Professional Services Limited will equip you with a deep understanding of the local and regional business landscape, enabling you to identify opportunities and risks to our clients' businesses. In addition, your breadth of vision will be engaged, as you match our global resources to our clients' advantage. Our FA practice encompasses a broad range of specializations and services but whose common goal is to offer strategic services to clients throughout every phase of the economic cycle.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
• Outstanding value to markets and clients
• Commitment to each other
• Strength from cultural diversity
The Transaction Services team is currently looking for an Assistant Manager to join their team based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. This is a great opportunity to work in a challenging yet rewarding market where you will gain experience on large TS projects.
Your main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• Lead the development of analysis and reports on companies from a financial, operational, competitive, and industry perspective as part of a transaction
• Lead a diverse team of talented performance enhancement advisors
• Manage the development of supporting analysis including financial models
• Cultivate relationships with clients and possess a strong knowledge in leveraging prevalent methodologies
• Employ a structured approach to project management to ensure complete client satisfaction and project profitability
• Develop your expertise in a specialization and your reputation as a business advisor
• Contribute to practice growth and development
• Coach and mentor practitioners to their highest potential
• Research and analyze industries and market data
• Interview top management and owners of client businesses
• Manage and develop team analysts
• Write offering memoranda and engagement letters
• Create and deliver presentations to obtain new business engagements
• 5 + years’ experience in public auditing and accounting, preferably with Big Audit Firms with at least 2 years in a Transaction environment.
• Knowledge of best practice reporting and International Financial Reporting Standards or M&A.
• Can demonstrate an ability to communicate deal related matters in a clear, concise and relevant manner to assist and guide senior team members
• Produces clear, concise and well structured report sections and has a good grasp of the English language.
• Is comfortable preparing graphs and tables in excel that clearly support findings and transferring these into a formatted power point report.
• Manages a number of responsibilities in the face of competing priorities. Sets priorities for tasks based on relative importance and urgency.
• Takes responsibility for and ensures that assigned tasks are fulfilled in a timely, cost-effective way to a high standard.
• Delegates appropriately and clearly sets out what is expected from others; and holds self accountable for ensuring that results are achieved. Is comfortable leading and directing the efforts of others to achieve results of a high standard.
• Supervise staff, inspect client financial records, compile and analyze data, prepare detailed audit reports and resolve accounting research issues.
• Demonstrate ability to plan and manage engagements and people along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines.
• Graduate degree is desired.
• International accounting qualification is desired: ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA
• Fluent in English (Reading, Speaking and Writing).
• Bilingual would be an advantage (Arabic/English) or (Farsi/English)
Deloitte in the UAE is part of Deloitte & Touche (M.E.). Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL).
Requisition code: KP-145390-ME
Deloitte Middle East
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates